One of our family’s favorite Christmas movies is A Christmas Story — best known for the line, “You’ll shoot your eye out, kid!” In the movie, on Christmas morning, the neighbor’s wild dogs manage to sneak into Ralphie’s house and devour the fresh-from-the-oven Christmas turkey. So the family ends up dining out at the only place they can find that’s open: a Chinese restaurant.
If this happens to you — or you just don’t feel like cooking on Christmas Day — you don’t have to settle for Chinese, unless that’s what you’re craving. RestaurantNews provided this list of restaurant chains that will be open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Here’s what’s open in Dallas on Dec. 25. Please call before you leave the house to make sure that the restaurant is actually open; while the chain says it’s open, some individual restaurants may chose to remain closed. Click on the restaurant name to be taken to its website’s locator page.
- Benihana: Call for specific hours.
- Boston Market: Select restaurants only; call your nearest restaurant.
- Buca di Beppo: Opens at 11; regular menu will be served.
- Buffalo Wild Wings: Participating locations only.
- Del Taco: Many locations open; hours vary by location.
- Denny’s: Open 24 hours.
- Domino’s: Participating franchises only; hours vary by location.
- Golden Corral: Participating locations only.
- Hooters: Participating locations only.
- IHOP: Participating locations only; call ahead for hours.
- Jack in the Box: Hours may vary; call ahead.
- Ruth’s Chris Prime Steak House: Open 2:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. Christmas Day.
- Starbucks: Open Christmas Day.
- Steak ‘n Shake: Opens at 11 a.m. Christmas Day.
Know of another place that’s open on Christmas? Please leave a note in the comments.